Please read the following and agree to the terms at the bottom of the page
RELEASE OF LIABILITY FOR MINOR PARTICIPANTS
READ BEFORE SIGNING
IN CONSIDERATION OF my child/ward, being allowed to participate in any way in this Volleyball Tournament and related events and activities, conducted by Mid-Atlantic Volleyball (MAV), the named undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
The risk of injury to my child from the activities involved in these programs is significant, including the potential for permanent disability and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
- FOR MYSELF, SPOUSE, AND CHILD, I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASES or others, and assume full responsibility for my child’s participation; and,
- I willingly agree to comply with the program’s stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If I observe any unusual significant concern in my child’s readiness for participation and/or in the program itself, I will remove my child from the participation and bring such attention of the nearest official immediately; and, I will inspect the facilities and equipment to be used, and if I believe anything is unsafe, I will immediately advise the administrators or officials of the event of the condition, and if not corrected to my satisfaction I will refuse to participate. However, by allowing my child/ward to continue to participate in this event I agree to accept the conditions of the playing surface and the condition of the equipment being used. I also understand that during the course of play the equipment and or surface may not be at the level as stipulated by the National Governing Body of the sport (USAV) and by their continued participation I thereby agree to accept such conditions. I also understand and accept the possible risk of bee stings, dog bite ,heat stroke as well as unforeseen risk such as underground or sand hazards, etc. and I assume full responsibility for any and all risks/injuries associated with my participation in the event. I further consent to emergency treatment if necessary; and
- I myself, my spouse, my child, and on behalf of my/our heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS Montgomery Volleyball Association, dba Mid-Atlantic Volleyball, its directors, officers, officials, agents, employees, volunteers, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“Releasees”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property incident to my child’s involvement or participation in these programs, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- I, for myself, my spouse, my child, and on behalf of my/our heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS all the above Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my involvement or participation in these programs, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THEIR NEGLIGENCE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- I, the parent/guardian, assert that I have explained to my child/ward: the risks of the activity, his/her responsibilities for adhering to the rules and regulations, and that my child/ward understands this agreement.
- I also consent to the use of my child’s image in any photographs, digital images and/or videotapes while at the tournament.
I, FOR MYSELF, MY SPOUSE, AND CHILD/WARD, HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT WE HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
UNDERSTANDING OR RISK
I understand the seriousness of the risks involved in participating in this program, my personal responsibilities for adhering to rules and regulation, and accept them as a participant.
Note: This wavier is linked to each juniors individual email. If a different email is used at registration another wavier will need to be signed.
This wavier will be used for all future tournaments the child participates in. If we change the waiver wording then a new wavier will need to be signed. Also, they will need to sign another wavier if they register for an adult division.